Register Business Name | IT Engineer's Blog, Malaysia Life Tech Blog

Register Business Name | IT Engineer's Blog, Malaysia Life Tech Blog:



How to register a business [Step bt Step]


register business in malaysiaNeed to register business or register company? (This topic cover Malaysia only)
Recently in in my life, I come across this topic, due to a long term plan for my own hostingbusiness, I need to register a business name and get a license to ensure my business get trusted when deal with SME’s company.
Some explanation 
Just make it as simple, register business (ROB) mean register a enterprise, or a sole proprietor business. Every one can register it if you would like to get a license for your business; how ever, register company (ROC) mean register your company with “Sendirian Berhad” SDN BHD or ‘Berhad” BHD.
My Experience
Before I start, let me tell you some story that I face, not to critic on government agency, I just offer my own opinion. Their service are SUXX…
To register a business or company (ROB or ROC), we need to look for a government agency name Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM), most people manually went to their office to register business name or company name. At my state (Penang Island), they don’t have branch in Island, and need to go over the mainland for the registration, but they do offer twice a month, mobile counter open at “KOMPLEKS PASAR BAYAN BARU”.
During my registration, they reject my business name “Private Hoster“, which contain a “Private”, after check with few officer there, they sound like not friendly and keep on tell me cannot. I do search over their website (ssm.com.my), and found a lot business name contain this word, such as Private Taxi, Private loan enterprice, bla bla bla… After call to the branch at mainland, their operator pass me here and there, at the end, a officer told me “may be” last time can register with this word, but now “may be” the rules change.
What a ridiculous “may be“, and I did not give up, keep calling to their main branch and a in charge officer name Ms.Ruhaila attend me, she is very helpful, according to her, “private” did not sound special and should not be a problem at all. After that, she advice me to register over the Internet. and provide me the guide line via email.
Langkah-langkah menggunakan e-lodgement pendaftaran perniagaan:

a. Pendaftaran PSP


1. Anda dikehendaki mempunyai alamat emel
 
2. taip http://www.gov.my di dlm aplikasi pelayar internet
 
3. Klik Daftar
 
4. pilih jenis pendaftaran-klik warganegara
 
5. klik seterusnya
 
6. Borang pendaftaran pengguna portal mygoverment(PSP) akan tertera – pastikan maklumat yang bertanda * diisi-pastikan alamat emel anda betul
 
7. klik hantar
 
8.Skrin ‘pendaftaran berjaya’ akan tertera. emel pengesahan akan dihantar. Sila buka emel anda untuk aktifkan pendafatran dalam masa 30 hari.Jika tidak akaun akan dipadamkan
 
9. Buka emel dan klik pautan utk aktifkan pendaftran
 
10. Skrin akan tertera ‘ Akaun anda telah diaktifkan’. Klik pautan log masuk di atas.


b. Pendaftaran Pelanggan SSM


1. . taip http://www.gov.my di dlm aplikasi pelayar internet
 
2. Klik log masuk
 
3. Masukkan id pengguna dan kata laluan
 
4. klik log masuk
 
5. Taip SSM di kotak kata kunci dan ‘ search’
 
6. Senarai nama perkhidmatan akan tertera di skrin
 
7. pilih dan klik SSM- Pendaftaran “subsriber SSM”
 
8. Klik OK
9. Klik isi borang
 
10.Borang pendaftran “Subsriber ‘ SSM
 
11. Klik tamat
 
12.Klik ‘ok’ pada skrin data sudah disimpan
 
13. pilih ‘jenis subsriber’ samada ROC atau ROB atau ROB Dan ROC
 
14. klik ok, hantar
 
15. skrin maklumat bayaran akan tertera- ikut arahan bayaran
Below are some screen shot showing how to register a business name that I went through. Login into www.ssm.com.my and choose e-Lodgement or accesswww.ssm.com.my/en/services_eLodgement.php
ssm
Just some summary, click on:
2) PSP User Registration
Register your self as “PSP User Registration“, it will bring you over www.gov.my, is a government portal, which allow you to do various transaction over government agency. Remember to fill up all the information correctly, after sign up, check your email foractivation link and activate it. (complete “ a. Pendaftaran PSP” above)
3) SSM Subscriber Registration 
After sign up, you require to register your self as SSM subscriber over there. According to the step Ms.Ruhaila send me above are useless, I cannot search any result. To proceed the registration, you no need to come this e-Lodgement page, just click the “3. SSM subscriber registration” over the e-Lodgement page at ssm.com.my, it will bring you to the correct link at www.gov.my
* If you cant found the “open form” probably browser problem, change from firefox or IE or vise versa
To register as a SSM Subscriber, you need to paid RM5 (Blood sucker), but no choice I need to let it suck RM5, to avoid wasting time for those ridiculous “may be” and face those unprofessional officer over their branch.
ssm payment
To do the payment, you can choose to pay by credit card or debit card, even by online banking also can, just choose the “direct debit /FPX”, follow all the step, and once you successful sign up as subscriber, you can back to the E-Lodgement page,www.ssm.com.my/en/services_eLodgement.php
After become ssm subscriber, click on the
1. Application for business name approval 
It will bring you to the “SSM – APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS NAME APPROVAL, scrool down to below, click on “Open Form” and fill up all. You may “save” the information if you cant make decision yet, once you feel the information are all correct, click “Finish”. After that, click “submit” it
CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL

  1. Application for Business Name that falls within the following categories will be rejected:
    • Name of business which does not reflect nature of business operated.
    • Name used by other business owner.
    • Usage of a personal name which is not the actual name of owner.
    • Usage of words prohibited by the Registrar.
    • Names subjected to the Registration of Businesses Rules 1957.
  2. Names that have been approved must not be amended/added with word or alphabet.
  3. This approval is non-transferable.
  4. A fresh application must be made if the business is not registered after the expiry of approval period.
For the above step, you need to wait for approval. I have submit few times, due to my business name are not qualify. 1st time reject without any reason, I need to call up to check, and they ask me to resubmit. 2nd time reject is because they need my business name to be 3 word, so I change it to Private Hoster Network, instead of Private Hosteronly
You can check your status via www.gov.my website, after you login, click on “MyHome”, you will see your Online transaction, you can check the status there.
After get this approve, click on the service name, it will direct you to “SSM – APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS NAME APPROVAL” and open the form again, you need to copy down the refference number on the top right hand conner. example “ROB23052008-xxxxxxxxPSB”
I also receive an email from Gov.my
YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED, PLEASE PROCEED WITH BUSINESS REGISTRATION FORM (FORM A)
Thank You.
MyGovernment Portal Team
2. Online Registration of Business 
Go back to the e-Lodgement, click on “Online Registration of Business” at this page, scrool down to below, you need to fill up 5 step, 1st step, click on “Open Form A“, look for “NAME APPROVAL NO” fill up with the refference number you copy just now , click on “Verify name approval number. All the related field in the form A will be automatin fill up, just follow the step, to complete the form A.
Proceed to step2 until step 5, then submit the Online Registration Business, it will bring you to the payment
After finish the payment, very fast, I receive the feed back already, my registration of business name was success and approve.
I receive an email from Gov.my
PERMOHONAN ANDA DILULUSKAN.PERAKUAN PENDAFTARAN ANDA BOLEH DIPEROLEHI MELALUI E-MAIL (FAIL YG DILAMPIRKAN).ANDA BOLEH MEMBELI SALINAN MAKLUMAT PERNIAGAAN 24 JAM SELEPAS PENDAFTARAN PERNIAGAAN DILULUSKAN, MELALUI PERKHIDMATAN E-INFO DENGAN MELAYARI WWW.SSM.COM.MY ATAU DIMANA-MANA CAWANGAN SSM YANG TERHAMPIR.
Thank You.
MyGovernment Portal Team
I also receive an email from ssm.com.my with an attachment
Tuan/ Puan,
Sukacita dimaklumkan bahawa Perakuan Pendaftaran Perniagaan anda telah diluluskan dan di lampirkan seperti di bawah.
2. Perakuan ini hendaklah dicetak di atas kertas bersaiz A4 berwarna putih untuk tujuan paparan umum.
3. Tiada tandatangan diperlukan untuk Perakuan Pendaftaran Perniagaan yang dibuat melalui E-lodgement.
Sekian, terima kasih.
business certificate
Since I am doing business online, I no need to print the business certificate (cost RM10 per original print), I can use the above attachment to prove my business is legally register over Malaysia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RinggitPlus is a Scam Site Now for Credit Card Application

HUAWEI S7-701U Gr8 ACTIVATION CODE BYPASS OR FIRMWARE 100%

Places to Use AMEX Credit Card in Malaysia